The Quella ELECTRIC Varsity range maintains a vintage retro design with a revolutionary electric motor. The motor and battery fit neatly inside the rear hub in a handsome, stainless steel plated body that enables partial re-charging whilst you ride – say goodbye to sweaty rides (if you want to!). You can arrive at work fresh as a daisy or regulate the power to have a great workout.
- Lightweight from 13.9kg, ideal for city living
- Operates with Bluetooth Technology
- Up to 60km in one charge
- In-built GPS system
- Battery recharges as you ride
- Tamper-proof alarm & wheel lock function
- Pedal assist up to 25km/h
Our electric hub has 4 power levels –
No assist (manual riding)
Eco mode – Pedal assist with maximum distance (50/60km) from one charge.
Turbo – Maximum pedal assistance up to 25km/h with a maximum power of 250W.
Turbo Custom – Create your own Pedelec power mode! You can change 2 parameters: the amount of BOOST the motor gives you at low speed and the overall amount of ASSISTANCE factor of the motor.
There is no need for tax, insurance or a licence as this innovative motor is compliant with EAPC law.
Bluetooth technology links the hub to your handlebar remote and your phone so you manage your hub settings through an app. The hub incorporates a regenerative KERS (Kinetic Energy Recuperation System) braking system, similar technology as used in Formula One engines, energy is converted to recharge and power the battery whilst back-pedalling and simultaneously slowing the bicycle down.
Extremely lightweight the Quella e-bike starts at just 13.9kg for our 51 and 54cm frames and 15.2kg for our 58 and 61cm frames.
The Varsity Cambridge has been with Quella from day 1 and consistently topped the best seller list. Now available with an electric hub, the Varsity Cambridge is as good looking as ever in classic Cambridge Blue.
Bicycle Frame Features:
· Premium paint finishes and detailing.
· Cro-mo 4130 track frame and fork, double-butted at the seat post for extra strength.
· All new premium Vintage design CNC Crank Set.
· Wide bore handle bar with premium vegan friendly leather bar tape.
· Quella premium body geo comfort saddle.
· Sealed bearing headset and bottom bracket.
· 700c 40mm Deep V rims with a front sealed bearing wheel hub.
Electric Hub Key Features:
· Battery and motor contained in lightweight 3.2kg hub.
· Hub motor is 250W assisting the rider up to 25km/h.
· Battery can be powered to full capacity 2-3 hours, simply plug the charging cable into a power source.
· Motor assistance activates once the bike reaches 5km “As soon as you stop pedalling, the motor will stop pushing”.
· Bluetooth connectivity links the hub to your handlebar remote and phone so you manage your hub settings through the bit-ride app.
· Re-charge the battery as you ride by pedalling backwards to activate the regenerative braking system (KERS).
In-built GPS system
Electric Hub Technical Data:
· Rate Power 250W
· Maximum torque 40Nm
· 29.2 Volts
· Rated Capacity 5300 mAh
· Energy 154.8 Wh
· Weight 3.2 Kg
· Operating Temperature: -20 degrees to +70 degrees
· Storage temperature: -40 degrees to +60 degrees
· Charging Temperature: -20 degrees to +60 degrees
· Degree of protection: IP54
· Voltage Input 100-240 V, 50/60 Hz
· Output voltage 31.2V
· Charging current 1.5A
· Charging time 3 Hours
Instruction booklet included.